Thursday, May 26, 2011

remember friendship bracelets?







I love how they have gone totally glam.  I remember making these in middle school, carrying around my clipboard all day.... Good times.  I am seriously thinking about taking a trip to the craft store for some embroidery floss!  Fun summer project.


I found this little bit of information about friendship bracelets.... {wikipedia}

Friendship bracelets are not like other bracelets which are worn as a fashion accessory.
They are special bracelets given from one friend to another as a symbol of friendship.
According to indigenous tradition, the recipient of a friendship bracelet must wear it until the cords wear out and fall off naturally.
Removing the bracelet before it naturally falls off is a sign that the friendship has gone sour.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this beautiful post!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete